top of page

The Stearns Carriage House

c. 1920

Built about 1920 of early Craftsman Style the bathroom building originally served as a garage/carriage house for the Stearns home. The Stearns family was the founding family of North Olmsted. Their property was located on the north side of Lorain where Fire Station 2 sits today. Presently there is an Ohio Historic Marker on the site.


The term carriage house refers to the fact that there is living space on the second floor. Local legend has it that the upstairs was used as a bar during the prohibition period. 

Restrooms (2).JPG
bottom of page